This HealthyHer program from Marshall Medical gives you all the right extras.
As part of HealthyHer from Marshall Medical, Baby, Oh Baby! offers comprehensive benefits for expecting moms. They range from classes to help you prepare for your baby to a special post-delivery dinner for mom and dad. Whether you’re having your first child or adding a new member to your growing family, Baby, Oh Baby! Is a great way to make the most of this important time. Ask your physician to register you for this free program.
- 3D/4D Ultrasound (details provided by your OB physician)
- Breastfeeding classes (contact Marshall Medical North (256) 571-8263)
- Childbirth classes (details provided by your OB physician)
- Private nutrition consultations (if requested by your OB physician)
- Special dinner for Mom and Dad
- Baby bucks meal vouchers for Mom’s helper
Childbirth classes are taught by a registered nurse and a lactation consultant. Nurses discuss the labor and delivery experience, as well as how to parent a newborn. They teach new parents about swaddling and safe sleep for their baby. A tour of the OB unit is included. OB patients get class information in welcome packets provided by their physician. Call to sign up at Marshall North (256) 571-8263 or Marshall South (256) 840-3465.
Breastfeeding classes are taught by lactation consultants, who are hospital staff members. Lactation consultants and counselors are available to assist new moms after delivery. Call Marshall Medical North to schedule at (256) 571-8263.
Marshall Medical Facilities
Marshall Medical has 10 Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Postpartum rooms, as well as a cesarean section suite. All labor and delivery nurses are certified in Neonatal Resuscitation Program, Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support. They are skilled in antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, gynecological surgical care and level one nursery care.
Free Marshall Wellness Membership
Free membership to Marshall Wellness is another great benefit of Baby, Oh Baby! A key part of being a healthy and active woman is getting the right exercise, before and after delivery. That’s why Baby, Oh Baby! members receive a free 9-month membership to Marshall Wellness Center (with access to either location at Marshall North or South). Whether it is during your pregnancy or after you have given birth, Marshall Wellness Centers are here to help you meet your fitness goals. Every HealthyHer participant will receive a free 9-month gym membership. When you turn in your HealthyHer application at your physician’s office you will be given a letter of referral.
Benefits from exercise during pregnancy:
- Helps reduce backaches, constipation, bloating and swelling
- May help prevent or treat gestational diabetes
- Increases your energy
- Improves your mood
- Improves your posture
- Promotes muscle tone, strength and endurance
- Helps you sleep better
- Regular activity keeps you fit during pregnancy and may help you cope with labor
- Helps you get back into shape once baby is born
Benefits of exercise for postpartum women:
- Helps strengthen and tone abdominal muscles
- Boosts energy
- May be useful in preventing postpartum depression
- Promotes better sleep
- Relieves stress
- Along with a healthy diet will promote weight loss