Since 1999, The DAISY Foundation has been the driving force behind nurses being honored for providing above-and-beyond, compassionate care to patients and their families.
We are excited about having the opportunity for nurses at Marshall Medical Centers to be recognized through this prestigious, international award program.
If you, a family member or a friend have been a patient at Marshall Medical Centers, and you have been the beneficiary of a nurse’s extraordinary care, I encourage you to complete a nomination form at the link on this page.
Expressions of gratitude from patients and families go a long way in helping nurses remember why they became a nurse in the first place and, more importantly, remind them of the joy and reward of a job well done in providing quality healthcare.
In your nomination form, please write as much detail as you can not only about what your nurse did that made a difference in your experience, but also explain how your nurse’s care made you feel.
If you have been the recipient of extraordinary care by a nurse and would like to nominate him or her, you can do so by submitting a written narrative via email. Please include the name of the nurse you are nominating, the unit where the nurse works and your story of extraordinary care.
Below is the criteria we use in considering the nominations. This may be helpful to you as you write your nomination. If you would like assistance in making your nomination, you may contact us at email@example.com.
- P- Passion/Compassion for nursing and the care you provide: does the nomination show the nurse is passionate about nursing and compassionate in the situation?
- E- Empathy in the situation: does the nurse show empathy toward the individual or situation in the nomination?
- T- Trust & Teamwork of families, patients and peers: is there a sense of trust in the nurse conveyed in the nomination?
- A- Admirable attributes possessed: are there some attributes that others would admire in this nurse? Professionalism, kindness, great communication skills, efficiency and decision making.
- L- Love for the patient and nursing profession: can you tell the nurse has a true love for the nursing profession?
- S- Selflessness: is there any selflessness on the part of the nurse?
The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) Award is an international recognition program that honors and celebrates the skillful, compassionate care nurses provide every day. The DAISY Foundation was established by the family of J. Patrick Barnes after he died from complications of the auto-immune disease ITP in 1999. During his hospitalization, they deeply appreciated the care and compassion shown to Patrick and his entire family. When he died, they felt compelled to say “thank you” to nurses in a very public way. To learn more, visit DAISYFoundation.org
Please say thank you by sharing your story of how a nurse made a difference you will never forget!